World renowned Ferrari tuning house, Novitec Rosso has just released news of their latest project, which has seen them redevelop the California T into a more powerful, more responsive and more glamorous sports tourer. They have tuned the engine to deliver an additional 86hp and with tasteful revisions to the bodywork, suspension and interior, it is not just the engine that has been given a revamp.
Ferrari is technically banded as a ‘small manufacturer’ due to the volume of cars it manufactures, meaning that it’s not restricted by such stringent carbon emission regulations as mass producers. However, Ferrari do have to show willing in R&D to continue reaping the rewards of being labelled in this category. The original California T was therefore built with a turbocharger to reduce carbon emissions and help maintain this status, giving them more leeway in the production of some its more performance based vehicles.
In its original incarnation, The California T was also given a 3,855cc V8 engine to avoid the hefty taxes that many countries impose on cars that have 4 litre+ capacity engines. So, some might say that although it was brilliantly engineered, the California T had to be manufactured with legislation in mind.
Up step Novitec Rosso. With their overhaul, the 0–100km/h time has now dropped from in 3.6 seconds to 3.3 seconds, the top speed has gone up from 315km/h to 323km/h and there is now 101 Nm more torque available than from the stock engine. On the road, the Novitec Rosso power upgrade not only delivers better performance, but instantaneous throttle response and even more in-gear pulling power.
Optional and additional extras include:
- The most important upgrade to make this turbocharged car sound the way it should- the Novitec stainless-steel, high-performance sports exhaust, available in three stages from the rear to the front of the car, offering valve and thus sound level control.
- Novitec Rosso alloys that look stunning and enhance the driving dynamics even further. Lightweight NF4 high-tech forged wheels with five double spokes put even more emphasis on the wedge shape of the sports car, Pirelli supplies the specifically tailored, high-performance tyres.
- Sports springs lower the ride height of the California T about 35 millimeters to improve the looks, the handling and high speed aerodynamic effects. The suspension is now not too stiff, creating a harsh ride, nor too soft, causing the underside to hit the ground.
- The Novitec aerodynamic kit, which is optionally available with a clear-coated carbon fibre finish. This improves the aerodynamic profile of the car whilst very gently adding a little more aggression to the cars looks.
- A beautiful carbon fibre finish that replaces all the original plastic panels on the car, including: tailor-made inserts for the two air intakes in the hood, aero-enhanced side skirts, gill-shaped covers for the side air outlets in the front fenders, carbon fibre radiator grille, clear-coated carbon fibre covers for the two exterior mirrors and roof skin for the folding hardtop, plus a rear diffuser, clear-coated carbon fiber diffuser fins, rear spoiler lip, carbon fibre rear trim panel and clear-coated carbon fiber covers for the tail lamps. All this ensures the car now looks like how it should have come stock from the factory!
If you are interested in upgrading your California T with any of these superb Novitec Rosso upgrades, then you just need to get in touch with us here at Scuderia Car Parts on +44 (0)1784 434395 or alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an enquiry- we look forward to hearing from you!